Registration of Small Scale Units now known as Entrepreneur’s Memorandum (EM) :
This is an important Programme of GOI with the sole purpose of creating and maintaining reliable and authentic data in respect of Industrial Projects set up or proposed to be set up in the district. It serves as data for policy makers at the highest Level in the state as well central Govt.More over various clearances and Incentives are granted by the central or state Govt only to such SSI units registered under this programme. These EM nos are granted at the level of GM DIC in two stages:
a. Entrepreneur’s Memorandum Part – I (EM Part – I) : Temporary / 2 years validity
This EM no is granted to a new entrepreneur for enabling him to take various effective steps like getting power connection, Import Export License, clearance from Pollution Control Board, Bank loans & other statutory approvals. This EM no is valid for two years from the date of issue or commencement of production which ever is earlier.
b. Entrepreneur’s Memorandum Part – II (EM Part – II) : Permanent
Once a enterprises commences its production than EM part II is granted on the request of the entrepreneur. This EM part II is also optional for Micro, Small enterprises and mandatory for Medium Enterprises. EM part II enables a entrepreneur to obtain various benefits available under the Schemes of GOI and state Govt like Capital Subsidy, Interest Subsidy, Modernization subsidy, reimbursement under ISO 9000 programme ,CC limit from banks, Export Import benefits, purchase preference in Govt supplies etc.
-Benefits of SSI Registration
The registration scheme has no statutory basis. Units would normally get registered to avail some benefits, incentives or support given either by the Central or State Govt.
The regime of incentives offered generally contains the following:
- Credit prescription (Priority sector lending), differential rates of interest etc.
- Easy finance availability from Banks.
- Excise Exemption Scheme
- Exemption under Direct Tax Laws.
- Statutory support such as reservation and the Interest on Delayed Payments Act.
- Protection against delay in payment from Buyers and right of interest on delayed payment
- Exemptions/ Waivers in Stamp Duty, in certain cases
- Benefit of Capital Subsidy
- Preference in procuring Government tenders
- Regn is mandatory to avail Govt Schemes like G.P Scheme, RMA Scheme etc.
- Stamp duty and Octroi benefits, in certain cases
- Concession in electricity bills
- Time-bound resolution of disputes with Buyers through conciliation and arbitration
- Subsidy of ISO Certification Expenses
- Facilitates in getting other licenses,permissions,approvals & registration fasters
- Registration is mandatory to avail Bank finance.
The main purpose of Registration is to maintain statistics and maintain a roll of such units for the purpose of providing incentives and support services.
States/UTs have their own package of facilities and incentives for small scale Industries.
They relate to development of industrial estates, tax subsidies, power tariff subsidies, capital investment subsidies and other support.
Both the Centre and the State, whether under law or otherwise, target their incentives and support packages generally to units registered with them.
We will help you in getting the SSI Regn for you within a week’s time .For registration kindly contact us.
Following Documents for Permenant SSI Registration:-
1) Shop License
2) Business Adderess Proof
3) Property Tax copy/ Property Agreement if any
4) Registered Partnership deed (If Partnership)
5) MIDC N.O.C. (If the company is under MIDC Area)
6) M.O.A. & A.O.A. Copy (If the company is Pvt.Ltd)